How to Request Support
To get started visit the ITS home page here https://its.forsythtech.edu and click on the Submit Ticket button at the top of the page. You can also visit the Allman Building, Room 106 for walk-in support. The Support Center also has a toll-free number, (866) 517-3567, as another method to request support.
Using the ITS Support Center to begin the support process provides you with the following advantages:
- A ticket to document your support request. This will ensure that your support question is backed by a support system that gives alerts and notifications to the person(s) fulfilling your request to make sure it stays a priority
- The appropriate person receives the ticket. Often, people question who handles Blackboard tickets, the names of CTL team members, etc. The ITS Support Center is able to guide you to the appropriate person to field these questions for you
- This will help in building a knowledge base to expedite services, but also help in recognizing trends before a major problem occurs
- 24/7 365 Blackboard support for faculty and students. You can call the Support Center by calling (866) 517-3567 and selecting the prompt for “Blackboard” support. Your call will be routed to a specialized team that can provide immediate Blackboard support. If the issue cannot be resolved on the phone, it will be escalated internally for resolution
Password Resets and Urgent Support Needs in the Classroom
Please read the following regarding social security numbers and urgent needs in the classroom.
- If you are requesting a password reset when calling the Support Center, you may be asked for the last four digits of their social security number and birth date. This is, and has been, the official policy for identify verification to prevent unauthorized access. If there are cases where the last four of your social is being asked for outside of password resets, please notify Kevin McCann, Support Services Coordinator, so he can review these incidences in order to take the appropriate action.
- If you are teaching in a classroom and experience technical issues that disrupts instruction, call (866) 517-3567 and clearly communicate the issue to the Support Center that you are having these issues in the classroom. The ITS Support Center has a process set to where the call will be escalated immediately to a technician on campus.