About the Faculty Development Support FLC
The Faculty Development Programming FLC will help the Center for Transformative Learning (CTL) finalize its new Fall 2019- Summer 2024 strategic plan through research of other teaching and learning centers and data collected through a series of surveys and focus groups.
What is the purpose?
The purpose of the Extending Faculty Development Programming FLC is to leverage faculty feedback and assistance in developing an all-encompassing strategic plan that will be used for the next 5 academic years. They will help the CTL to identify components of teaching excellence and contribute in the development of a new mission and vision statement. The FLC will also finalize the shared values that will envelop the faculty development culture.
- Develop a catalog and taxonomy of CTL course offerings to catalyze teaching excellence
- Enhance the Faculty Fellows policy to help faculty members acclimate to the formal and informal norms of the College and to encourage faculty to refine and expand their teaching strategies to foster learning engagement
- Strengthen teaching excellence by facilitating a Faculty Fellows program for T3 in the Fall of 2019
Applicants should carefully consider the eligibility requirements below. Successful applicants should:
- Reasonably expect to teach one face-to-face or online course in both Spring 2019 and Fall 2019;
- Be willing to incorporate faculty development activities to catalyze learning excellence through community, partnerships and educational innovation;
- Be available to attend monthly meetings and summer session; and
- Complete FLC activities, readings, reflection exercises and evaluations.
What are the expectations for FLC participants?
- Attend each of the monthly meetings during the Spring 2019 semester.
- Friday, January 25, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, February 22, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, March 22, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, April 26, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Attend the entire summer session scheduled for June 7th and June 14th, 2019 from 9AM-3PM;
- Attend each of the monthly meetings during the Fall 2019 semester.
- Friday, August 30, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, September 27, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, October 25, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday November 29, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Explore and implement “best practices” in classroom assistance with the support of ITS staff;
- Develop strategies to intentionally and purposefully support classrooms;
- Develop and implement individual goals and/or outcomes for their own participation in the FLC; and
- Share examples of their work with the campus community.
Incentives for Participating
- A certificate of completion
- Professional development and enrichment as a college instructor; and
- Opportunities to build community and network with other faculty members at Forsyth Tech
- $1000 stipends for Faculty Development Support FLC participants are available to a maximum of seven Forsyth Tech part-time faculty and nine- or ten-month faculty who meet the state and federal regulations for financial compensation.
- Stipend payments are planned to be issued in August 2019.
- Please review the full details for Title III stipends (opens in a new window).
- Twelve-month faculty are not eligible for financial compensation per state regulations. Twelve-month faculty may be eligible for course release time.