CTL Summer Instructor Academy
The Summer Instructor Academy (SIA) is a week-long retreat that provides a small group of full-time and part-time faculty with an opportunity for professional reflection and renewal in a collegial atmosphere.
About the Classroom Technical Support FLC
As a part of Information Technology Services continuous improvement plan, this FLC will bring a diverse set of faculty members together to assist in revamping the process in which the ITS Support Center provides technical support for instructors in the classroom. Faculty members in this FLC will work alongside the ITS support team in creating new and improved ways that will allow us to better support our faculty and students in the classroom.
What is the purpose?
The Classroom Technical Support FLC will provide faculty the opportunity to help develop new classroom technical support processes that will be used to provide more efficient and effective technical support for faculty in the classroom. Using technology and faculty input, the goal is to make it easier for faculty to get the support they need while also reducing the time it takes to resolve classroom technology issues.
- Explore new ways the ITS Support Center can support faculty technology issues.
- Develop a new and improved classroom technology support process using the LEAN methodology and ITIL best practices.
Applicants should carefully consider the eligibility requirements below. Successful applicants should:
- Reasonably expect to teach one face-to-face or online course in both Spring 2019 and Fall 2019;
- Be available to attend monthly Spring 2019 meetings, summer 2019 work sessions, and Fall 2019 meetings; and Complete FLC activities, readings, reflection exercises and evaluations.
What are the expectations for FLC participants?
- Attend each of the monthly meetings during the Spring 2019 semester.
- Friday, January 25, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, February 22, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, March 22, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, April 26, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Attend the entire summer session scheduled for June 7th and June 14th, 2019 from 9AM-3PM;
- Attend each of the monthly meetings during the Fall 2019 semester.
- Friday, August 30, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, September 27, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday, October 25, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Friday November 29, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Explore and implement “best practices” in classroom assistance with the support of ITS staff;
- Develop strategies to intentionally and purposefully support classrooms;
- Develop and implement individual goals and/or outcomes for their own participation in the FLC; and
- Share examples of their work with the campus community.
Incentives for Participating
- A certificate of completion
- Professional development and enrichment as a college instructor; and
- Opportunities to build community and network with other faculty members at Forsyth Tech
- $1000 stipends for Classroom Technical Support FLC participants are available to a maximum of seven Forsyth Tech part-time faculty and nine- or ten-month faculty who meet the state and federal regulations for financial compensation.
- Stipend payments are planned to be issued in August 2019.
- Please review the full details for Title III stipends (opens in a new window).
- Twelve-month faculty are not eligible for financial compensation per state regulations. Twelve-month faculty may be eligible for course release time.