I am happy to announce that we are a Quality Matters Institution! Quality Matters is a highly-recognized industry standard for evaluating online and blended courses. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers directly from their Website. To learn more about Quality Matters, please visit this page:
What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses. QM is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its scalable, peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning.
How will my institution benefit from implementing Quality Matters?
Quality Matters processes benefit both individual educators and their institutions in the following ways:
- Improved student engagement and learning outcomes
- Adoption of a systematic and comprehensive continuous quality assurance process that includes faculty training, course development, and course improvement processes that are aligned with accreditation standards
- Incorporation of new technologies and research findings
- Opportunity to engage in benchmarking activities with peer institutions
- Ongoing faculty professional development
- Opportunity for peer-to-peer collaboration and sharing across institutions
- Online courses that meet a consistent and widely-respected quality threshold
We are excited about the possibilities of this venture. The Center for Transformative Learning will use Quality Matters as the foundation for our faculty development program for years to come. For up-to-date information about this and other CTL info, please visit Voices at